About Zero Plastic Run
Your Commitment to the Cause?
By taking part in the biggest event against single-use plastics, you are becoming an ambassador for the cause and helping the world hear our cries to ban or minimize the use of single-use plastics. You can also help by bringing in plastic at home and depositing them to one of the collection points in the run area, to be recycled by Parley.
What is Zero Plastic Run?
The first ever Zero Plastic Run was held by ICS Maldives in February, 2019. A run launched to create awareness about the negative impact caused by the use of plastic, more than 1000 people took part in the Zero Plastic Run 2019, advocating for the banning or minimizing the use of everyday plastic.
The Zero Plastic Run will continue annually until the use of single-use plastics in our daily lives are eliminated and Maldives becomes a nation that does not use single-use plastics. We have a responsibility as individuals to achieve this goal. #IamResponsible
Where do the Proceeds go?
The proceeds, less administrative expenses, will be used towards reducing the use of single use plastic or for our CSR program ‘The Cleaning Quest’ which works on creating awareness on sustainability. In addition the funds would be used for other programs held by ICS Maldives towards the cause.
All interested environmental NGOs are requested to get on board and get involved by contacting us on +960 7797427 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Who can join?
Anyone can take part in Zero Plastic Run. We encourage individuals and people from all walks of life to join the run. Begin your journey towards a plastic free lifestyle.
Why Zero Plastic Run?
The main aim of the “Zero Plastic Run” is to advocate for banning or minimizing the use of everyday plastics which harm the environment. We want to increase the awareness on this serious issue in the Maldives and globally.
Our call is for the use of zero single-use plastics in our daily lives.
We recognize that, this goal cannot be achieved overnight by just us alone. However, we believe that it is very important for each and every one to make a start and stay on this very important journey to zero single-use plastics.
What we have achived
- More than 1,000 participants including President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih and the Vice President Faisal Naseem pledged to stop use of single plastic in their daily lives.
- Over 20 Businesses and Organizations pledged to stop the use of single-use plastic.
- 1.35+ Tons of Single-Use plastic Recycled through Zero Plastic Run & Cleaning Quest
- 1300+ Fabric Tote Bags Distributed
- 1240+ Social Media Posts to create awareness
- 1000+ Pledgers
- 1,150 participants pledged to stop use of single plastic in their daily lives.
- 25+ Businesses and Organizations pledged to stop the use of single-use plastic.
- 1.50+ Tons of Single-Use plastic Recycled through Zero Plastic Run & Cleaning Quest
- 1550+ Fabric Tote Bags Distributed
- 1450+ Social Media Posts to create awareness
- 1150+ Pledgers